Thursday, October 21

busy busy busy paiger.

In class this morning we were discussing blogs and internet news and Jon Stuart. That's why I love being a media student: I get to sit in class and discuss/bash the decline of the American media system and then debate the merits of news sites like Common Dreams and AlterNet.

And yet I also hate media studies because so many of the kids in my class are twats who just sit there with blank faces because they are still struggling to understand what a blog is. And I'm like WHY ARE YOU HERE if you don't even know that Google has a news feature. augh.

But then I think I need to be more into current news. I feel guilty for not being up on global/local events In the summer, especially when I was interning at CBC Radio, I consumed news like nothing else. I spent 8 hours a day reading and reporting on news from all over the world. It got to the point that I couldn't read newspapers for current stories becuase I already read the info on press releases hours before publication.

I want to be that aware again. I try to read a few online papers every day, but I just don't have the time to be as up-to-date as I want...
...except in entertainment gossip. Somehow, I manage to find the time to get my daily fix in that. Maybe because it makes for such good late-night stoned reading?