Friday, April 15

meme time bitches!

I am an addict for all things elite and exclusive. So imagine my delight when Andy invited me to do the Ceasar Bath meme.

Behold, the Caesar’s Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), “Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice.”

The Bachelor and the Bachelorette and other reality TV shows where the aim is to find love. I can't keep my cynical comments to myself when I sit in with friends who are watching. Maybe it's entertaining, but I find it insulting to love, the female gender, and television. It's just too redic to watch, and too predictable to keep my interest.

Coke, like actual coca-cola and pepsi (Andy covered the other coke in his). Pop, first of all, is gross. And so cola just gets lumped in with it because it is too sweet, not carbonated enough, and it makes you fat. There are also so many other better beverages out there. Cola is only good when it comes in fountain form or when it has some rum in it.

Movies based on comics. No, I will not get exicted over the third sequel for some bad special effects film. There was a reason I made alternate plans when my friends saw the first two.

Ciggarettes. While I agree with all the tired anti-smoking cliches (you don't get stoned, it costs a lot of money, smoking is bad) I do get why people do it. Popularity (I would smoke when I was thirteen and wanted to look cool); it's such a social thing; a guarenteed break from work; an oral fixation; something fun to do while drunk. But despite all those things, I just won't do it. There's nothing to gain from it in the long run.

Clubs at Richmond and John in Toronto. They are all magnets for suburban-hooches and ghetto-ass losers, as well as most of the underage kids in the city. (I should know, I frequented them often as a seventeen-year-old). So please, everyone needs to stop suggesting Piccadilly's on Friday nights. Everytime I go all my drinks get spilled, my ass always gets slapped by a thug, and I wind up shoved into crowds of unfashionable sluts. Yes, I know dear friends that many fun, drunken and debaucherous nights have been held there, but it's really time to move on.

Okay, now it's your turn, Alex*, Pierre, and Terra.

*note: Alex's computer was just ravaged by a bad man so her reply may take a while.