Wednesday, August 3

There are two houses within view of my bedroom window that are having roofs (rooves? ha ha) built right now. They're part of the on-going construction fiesta that is my neighbourhood, which wakes me up early with little tap tap TAPS which progressivly become louder and louder until I want to lean out the window and scream profanities.

Regardless of this contstruction man on roof status, I continue to walk around the top floor of my house in nothing. I'm trying to see how long I can go without turning on the air conditioning. You see, when I state my anti-A/C stance those without cooling call me on it, saying I only hate it because I have it.

So far: 24 hours without A/C, but right now minimal clothing is the only thing keeping me sane. I just put too much faith in the idea that construction workers can't really see through my windows. And really, this whole thing will fall apart once the family is home in an hour or so. (As they are fans of A/C and proper attire... sigh.)