Thursday, May 4


The last week has gone in so many directions that it feels like more than seven days have passed. Maybe it's simply because I have been non-stop packing and sorting and organizing since Wednesday; or maybe it's because I have been drinking and partying a redic amount and can't keep my time straight. Either way, the following things have occured:

I finished school. I wrote the last sentence of my last essay in my last exam and thought to myself "Really? This is it? This is how it's going to end?" Then I shrugged my shoulders, passed the paper in, and skipped home. First song I played: Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band--it seemed rather appropriate.

I moved out of my student house in London and back into my parents' house in Toronto. The first part is what I'm having a hard time grasping; that I no longer live with my five fabulous roommates in a sanctuary sans parent or guardian seems so strange. I don't really believe it yet, and don't think it'll fully set in until late August when I get phantom/nostalgic "going back to school?" feelings. But I am starting to miss participating in obsessive group TV watching--the discussions and debates during every Prison Break, Gilmore Girls, America's Next Top Model, or The OC episode was what made the shows. Now TV is so lonely.

I have a new catch phrase to describe my current situation. Random Aquaintance: "Hey Paige, what are you doing now that you've graduated?" Me: "This." So succinct and simple! Keep in mind, this new catch phrase works best when I am out drinking or doing something fun, but still is useful when I am just doing nothing. And also note that I wave my arms around all excited when I say it.

I filled my education void with redecorating. Consider that I have two rooms' worth of posessions and that I am a huge pack-rat. It has been very enjoyable to sort through fourteen years of childhood bedroom baggage--and even more enjoyable to toss the majority of it. I finally started painting today, and once that is done I will spend another length of time arranging furniture and setting things up.

I became less stressed about getting a "real" job. Simply because, people keep telling me that I deserve to take the summer off and also that it takes years to find the career you really want--so why rush now? However, that being said I am still applying and interviewing and hunting. I'm eyeing all and any writing/communications jobs, but sensing that an administrative job will more easily fall into my lap. Media industry connections, where are you now when I need you the most?