Monday, April 9

Monday morning at the airport I hug the boyfriend hello, as he stayed home for Easter weekend while I celebrated belated birthdays with my sister, mother, and god-mother in Las Vegas. And hey, the rebirth of Jesus is also about gambling and showgirls, no?

"I missed you so so much!" he proclaims while hugging me close.

"Sweetie," I say, kissing him on the nose. "I was only gone for three days you know."

"Well sorry Paige, but I did! Some of us are not robots!"

"No! I mean, of course I thought of you! And missed you! It’s just.. such a.. short... time. Um." Apparently I've failed at correctly expressing my ‘distance makes the heart grow fonder’ sentiments.

We are quiet for a bit, walking towards the parking lot, still in embrace. And then, without thinking, I speak.

"...I...oooh!! Oh! I missed my car!"